RGCMS Library is an important learning resource center which provides different services like open access system, computers with multimedia and internet facilities.
The library’s resource collection and its services reflect not only the syllabus requirements but also the present & advanced requirements in the field of management, and allied areas. Students have access to books, e-books, articles, journals (national as well as international), research papers, reports, magazines, projects, newspapers and various other e-resources by using their library card as well as login id.
RGCMS is a member of National Digital Library of India (NDLI) and DELNET and therefore the students as well as staff members can have easy access to the video lectures, e-books, scholarly journals etc. Above all, RGCMS Library is well equipped with Library Management Software (LMS) – E-Granthalaya.
For any queries kindly contact:
Ms. Sonal S. Chavan
Designation : Asst. Librarian
Mail Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Objectives and Function
- To facilitate high quality, welcoming research and learning environments by providing easy access to scholarly collections and reference material in both physical and digital format.
- Providing a safe and secure environment for collections, staff and students, including facilities for everyone
- Managing resources in an efficient, cost-effective and environmentally sustainable way in accordance with the college policies and procedures.
Functions of Library Committee:
- To review the functioning of the library with regards to its support to the academic programmes of the institute.
- To monitor and evaluate, from time to time, trends and developments in information technologies, networking, library automation, library cooperation etc., and to direct the library in their adoption.
- To formulate an action plan for the development of library infrastructure, facilities, products and services.
- To ensure maximum utilization of library resources.
- To seek and analyze feedback and suggestions made by the library users.
- To formulate and review the rules and procedure for library use.
- To assist library in providing need-based information services.
- To allocate budget as per the requisition received from various stakeholders for books procurement and other stuff.
- To ensure stock-taking of books at regular intervals.
- To maintain the accession register of library books.
- To manage and maintain suites of Library Management Software and associated information technology infrastructure
- To collaborate with other education institutes to provide research / reference material to students.
- To support faculty members design and develop course content
- To Promote and provide information about the library’s programs, resources and activities.
- To help create online and off-line repositories of available reference material which are easily accessible.
- To maintain information regarding availability of reference material (available, issued, expected return)
- Identity Card is compulsory for getting access to the library.
- Silence to be maintained.
- No discussion permitted inside the library.
- Registration should be done to become a library member prior to using the library resources.
- No personal belongings allowed inside the library.
- Textbooks, printed materials and issued books are not allowed to be taken inside the library.
- Using of Mobile phone and audio instruments with or without speaker or headphone is strictly prohibited in the library premises.
- Entry in the register kept at the entrance counter before entering the library is mandatory.
- Show the books and other materials which are being taken out of the library to the staff at the entrance counter.
- The librarian may recall any book from any member at any time and the member shall return the same immediately.
- Library borrower cards are not transferable. The borrower is responsible for the books borrowed on his/her card.
- Refreshment of any kind shall not be taken anywhere in the library premises.
Admission to Library:
Students are allowed to enter the library only on production of their authorized/valid Identity Cards.
Working Hours of the Library:
Monday to Saturday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm. Library is open on Sunday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Circulation Issue System:
Books will be issued on presentation of the library card along with the ID card. Students are instructed to check the books while borrowing and they will be responsible for any type of damage or mutilation noticed at the time of return.
Usually books are issued for a period of one week. In case Student fails to return a book within the time limit, a fine of Rs. 2/- per day per book will be charged for the first 15 days and Rs.4/- per day per book onwards. During Examination days the fine would be Rs. 10% per day per book. A student taking books outside the library without permission will have to pay a fine of Rs. 10/- per day per book. It is strictly prohibited to write on library books with pencil or ink or mutilate them in any way.
If the books are lost, then the borrower shall replace the books of the same edition or latest edition or pay double the cost of the book after getting permission from the librarian.
Care of library borrower cards:
Take special care to maintain the library borrower cards. Do not fold, alter entries made on the cards, Members are responsible for the entire set of library borrower cards issued to them.
Loss of cards:
Loss of the borrower card should be reported to the librarian. Duplicate cards may be issued against formal application and fine.
Validity of cards:
Library borrower cards are valid for the entire duration of the course to access library facilities. At the end of the course borrower cards shall be returned to the library.
No dues Certificate:
Each student shall obtain No dues certificate from the library after returning all the books issued, surrendering the borrower’s cards and after paying outstanding dues, if any.
Care of Library Books:
Students are required to handle the books/ Journal very carefully; marking with pencil, writing or highlighting, tearing the pages or mutilating the same in any other way will be viewed very seriously. In such cases readers shall be held responsible unless these are brought to the notice of the library staff at the time of issue.
This section has Encyclopaedia, dictionaries, Textbooks, Reference books etc. which are only available for reference. Users can make use of these resources.
In these section journals, general magazines and newsletters are available. They are arranged alphabetically. The latest issues are displayed on the display rack and other previous issues are arranged in the drawer. Bound volumes of periodicals are arranged in rack alphabetically and are meant only for reference within the library.
|Sr. No.||Items||Description||A.Y. 2022-23|
|1||Books||All types (Text books, Reference books, Novels)||5250|
|2||Book Titles||All types (Text books, Reference books, Novels)||3000|
|3||E-Books||All types (Text books, Reference books)||3000|
|7||Library Management Software||E-Granthalaya||1|
|8||Magazines||All Types (Sports, Business, Competition, Educational)||7|
|9||Newspapers||English & Marathi||6|
|10||CD’s & DVD’s||CD’s and DVD’s of books||Yes|
|11||NDL Membership||National Digital Library (NPTEL Courses)||Yes|
|12||Reprographic Facility||Xerox, Print out||Yes|
|13||Multimedia Facility||Computers with internet and multimedia||10|
|14||Question Papers||All End Term Exam Question papers||Yes|
|15||Dissertations||Project Report of Students||Yes|
|16||Carpet Area||Library Total Carpet Area||100 Sq. Mt.|
|17||Carpet Area||Reading Area||60 Sq. Mt.|
|18||Carpet Area||Circulation Area||40 Sq. Mt.|
|19||Library Networking||Computers having Internet Facility||Yes|
|20||Library Timing||From Monday to Saturday
|9 am to 6 pm
10 am to 5 pm